Monday, October 11, 2010

SlideBoom Presentation



The presentation with text and visual images provides a better presentation than only using text or images by themselves. The visual images support the text, just like the text supports the images and gives you a more clarified presentation. However, using a combination of narration, text, and images addresses all learners and provides the a great introduction to the content.

The images coveyed the idea of what a preposition is without using text. However, the students would not realize they were learning prepostions, they would see it only as directions you could move in.

SlideBoom would be a great way for students to incorporate technology into a project. Students could compose a powerpoint presentation and share it with other classes, on the class blog, or e-mail it to a student who is absent. This is a great tool for communicating with others without having to sign-up to share your presentations.

The creation of a visual powerpoint increases the awareness that images only enhance presentations if they are chosing correctly. Powerpoints can be powerful learning tools if you can combine; images, sounds, and text in the right amount without overdoing any one item. I will keep this in mind when I create my next powerpoint presentation. I feel that I've learned a lot with this activity about how visual items can improve learning and make the presentation more exciting.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your presentation! It is a great way to teach prepositions. I may share it with my class when I get to this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Jamie, I too would like to use this for my 1st graders.

    ReplyDelete